It is very challenging dealing with young people when they are angry or upset. This workshop will explain causes and how to de-escalate these situations.
One of the most difficult parts of working with young people is when they become angry or upset. Many professionals encounter this behaviour but don’t know what to do about it.
This practical workshop covers:
* What causes young people to “lose their temper,” to become angry or violent
* What the stages are that lead up to an angry out-burst
* How to ensure your safety
* How factors like depression and other mental illness can play a role
* How to de-escalate the situation as quickly as possible