Understanding Self Harm and Suicide
Self-harm and suicide are major issues amongst young people and need to be taken seriously.
Self-harm and suicide are major issues amongst young people. Both issues need to be taken extremely seriously. Myths about these topics may prevent some people from getting the help they need. This evidence based, best practice workshop will empower you and give you confidence to help a young person who is self-harming or suicidal.
* What is self-harm and why young people do it
* Common myths and misconceptions will be addressed
* How to spot the warning signs of someone who is suicidal
* Are they just “seeking attention”
* The teenage brain and preventing copycats
* How to manage a suicidal crisis
* Suicide prevention with complex mental illness such as PTSD, childhood trauma and psychosis