Understanding Mental Illness
Get a solid understanding of mental illness in young people based on the latest scientific evidence.
Anxiety and/or depression affects around 1 in 6 young New Zealanders. This workshop will give you a solid understanding of mental illness in young people based on the latest scientific evidence, presented in a way that is easy to understand.
This evidence based, best practice workshop will empower you to help a young person with a mental illness.
* An understanding of brain development in young people and maintaining mental health
* A basic understanding of mental illness
* What is the difference between normal human emotions and mental illness
* How to help a young person who is struggling with a mental illness
* Where to find help and how to make sure they get there